(Latest version is 1.5)
This software originally came from DeverSYS open source EDA initiative.
Copyright (c) 2000-2003 Andrei A. Gratchev, DeverSYS Corp.,
What is HelpSystem?
The HelpSystem helps to embed useful interactive help (documentation)
to your application on Tcl/Tk (or, may be, on other source language).
The HelpSystem may be used as standalone application or as part of
your program (as library). It is written on 100% pure Tcl/Tk and can be used on
any platforms and any OS, which supports Tcl/Tk.
Main features of HelpSystem:
- shows hyper-text help based on HTML
- auto creates index of topics (for .help files)
- can auto create contents and index of topics (for .html files)
- saves history of showed topics
- interactive showing
- can be embedded or separated window
- supports search for text at current topic and entire help
- can convert topics of help file to separated html files
- can invoke a tcl script from help file
- and more...
Also, the HelpSystem can be used as simple HTML viewer
(for local files).
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of
the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General
Public License along with this program; if not, write to the
Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.